If you have a passion for singing, it’s important for you make sure you are doing what is right when it comes to singing on a regular bases, here are 6 tips I believe will help you as you move continue to develop your passion for singing.
1. Breath from the diaphragm. You really need to control the air that you’re expelling when you sing, and breathing from the diaphragm gives you more control to do this. Breath in so that you feel your stomach moving gently outwards when you inhale.
2. Don’t strain your voice. Warm up before you start and don’t try to sing too loud or too high as you might damage your vocal cords. Take it slow and steady and you’ll sing well in no time. Keep your practice time to an hour or so a day, then move up if you feel like it. If you ever feel like your voice is straining, or if you feel soreness or pain, stop right away.
3. Breath from the diaphragm. You really need to control the air that you’re expelling when you sing, and breathing from the diaphragm gives you more control to do this. Breath in so that you feel your stomach moving gently outwards when you inhale.
4. Make recordings of yourself. This is the best way to hear your problems, because you can separate yourself from your voice and listen to what other people hear. You may not like the sound of your voice at first, but keep at it; you’ll improve vastly, and you’ll start to notice stuff you like about your voice and really expand on those things.
5. Seek out people’s opinion. Learning to sing well takes a long time, and during this time you may hear people’s comments about your voice. Use their comments constructively and if there is something you can improve on, try to work on the problem.
6. Stay positive! If you’ve had a bad session, that doesn’t mean your voice is going to be bad forevermore. Have a break, address the problem and try again another day. Don’t get down on yourself, and don’t think that your voice is bad, Mindset is definitely a big part of singing, and you need to be positive. If you don’t think you sound good, neither will anyone else.
Hope these tips will help you, more tips coming your way, make sure to like my page on Facebook. Johnson FABRE